1. Pride of ownership is a crucial reason for wanting your own home. Decorate it to your personal taste and enjoy all of the benefits while making a significant investment.
2. Real estate over time has been considered a good investment because most of it was appreciated. The effects of leverage can multiply the increase when borrowed funds are used to purchase the home.
Many times, the most significant investment a person owns is their home. Homes have been a good hedge against inflation. Homeowners build equity and can borrow against that equity for a variety of reasons that could include college, medical, or to start a business.
3. House buying company in Fort Lauderdale has qualified mortgage interest and home equity loans are deductible for Income Tax purposes.
4. Property taxes on a first or second home are deductible on for Income Tax purposes.
5. A homeowner can exclude up to $500,000 of capital gain if married, filing jointly or up to $250,000 if single or filing separately for homes that have been the taxpayer’s principal residence for the previous two years. There is no age requirement for taking the capital gains exclusion like the “over 55” rule in the past.
It is not necessary to purchase a replacement home more expensive than the one sold. Homeowners can buy a more or less expensive house with no tax consequences assuming their gain is less than the allowable amounts.
6. Preferential tax treatment on gains that have been made from capital assets held more than one year are permitted by IRS. This is especially important for homeowners with increases more than the allowable exclusion.
7. Mortgage payments include the interest for the time that the money has been used and principal to retire the debt over a period. Each month part of the amount is for capital accumulation.